Eibonvale Press has released ‘Songs For The Lost’ by Alexander Zelenyj. Here’s the low-down:
The lonely and the regretful and the downtrodden, the furious and the woeful and the damaged; all facing the futility of living in a world of malice, loss and loneliness; all desperately seeking salvation while forging through the miles of pain marking every step of the path to Paradise.
A farmer sings a nightly funeral dirge, summoning something from far across the fields
- A cavalry troop finds Heaven or Hell in the hills
- A reporter witnesses the final inexplicable moments of a saucer suicide cult
- A boy and his grandfather hear a message from an un-guessed world beneath their feet
- A boxer faces his greatest nemesis during the strangest of storms
- A platoon is faced with a terrible choice in the jungle
- A garage band and their loyal fans disappear as part of the fulfillment of a prophecy
- An outpost of Roman Legionnaires is terrorized by an ancient evil
- Two alien children forge a unique pact with two Earth children
- A strange door opens in the middle of a burning summer day
- A seasoned detective interrogates a vengeful angel responsible for the haunting of an entire city
- A bounty hunter accepts a mission to hunt another man’s demon
- A husband and wife receive a long-awaited message from the sky
- A broken girl is bestowed a gift from the moon
- A group of troubled misfits search for Heaven in a violent future
- A brother and sister await the greatest fire the world will ever see…
All these Songs For The Lost, and other ghosts, too… This is a gigantic book of no less than 34 stories that you can savour and dip into for a long long time.
“Zelenyj is an absolute master of emotional horror, melancholy, passion, and the delicate art of drawing on classic pop-culture and genre forms to create something highly complex, challenging, and quite visionary.” – Dick Hildebrand, Windsor Life Magazine.
Alexander Zelenyj is the prolific author of countless short stories published in magazines and anthologies in America and Europe. He is the author of the short fiction collection, ‘Experiments At 3 Billion A.M’ (Eibonvale, 2009) and the novel, ’Black Sunshine’ (Fourth Horseman Press, 2005). ‘Songs For The Lost’ is his third book. He lives in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, and is an Active Member of the Horror Writers Association and SF Canada.. His online home can be found at www.alexanderzelenyj.com.