HorrorAddicts.net is proud to announce the
Wicked Women Writer’s Challenge 2015
is now open for registration!
Who Will Be…. MOST WICKED?
THEME: This year’s theme is “Tarot Card Audiodrama.*” This year we’re pushing the challenge to the next level by asking participants to write an audiodrama revolving around one of the tarot cards from the Major Arcana. Who will find justice in a horror world of zombies or werewolves? Will your story include Death in all his sexy glory or will the Empress use her skills to tame the beasts of the underworld? It’s all up to you!
Every contestant will be given:
*A tarot card from the Major Arcana
*A supernatural/evil being
And every audio must include:
*At least two different reader voices in their production.
To register now, fill out the registration form here:
You will receive your specialized contest items and being to create a fantastical, horror-filled, terrifying audiodrama for the listeners of HorrorAddicts.net to enjoy.
Sign up by April 13th, 2015. The sooner you sign up, the more time you have to prepare.
*Note: The Wicked Women Writer’s Challenge and the Master of Macabre Contest share a theme this year “Tarot Card Audiodrama”, but they will still be aired and judged separately.
- As a contestant, you will write and record a horror story, fitting the theme and incorporating your extra elements. The style should be decidedly audiodrama, meaning music, sound effects, and two or more voices should be incorporated.
- Audio mp3 and text will be due to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13th, 2015, 11:59 pm PST. Contestants will then be narrowed down to 5 semi-finalists. Those 5 authors will go on to compete for the final prize of being “Most Wicked 2015”.
- The audio can be no longer than 10 minutes.
- The text can be no longer than 3000 words, but may be submitted either in story or script format. Usually 1000 words=10 mins, we are giving you 2000 extra words for stage direction.
- You may have someone else record your story for you, but it must still include 2 voices and none of the HorrorAddicts.net staff or previous winners may help you.
- You may not compete if you have won the “Master of Macabre” or “Most Wicked” awards before. You CAN compete if you have submitted in the past but did not win the final award.
VOTING CHANGES SINCE LAST YEAR:
There will be a 3-part voting system.
- 1/3 of the vote will still be the voters emailing in.
- 1/3 of the vote will be judged on podcast quality and will be judged by seasoned podcasters.
- 1/3 of the vote will be judged on writing quality and will be judged by seasoned writers.
- These 3 sections will be added together for a final score
- The winner will be honored with the coveted title, “Most Wicked 2015”.
Dates to know in 2015:
April 13th – Registration closes
May 13th – Audio and text are due.
Week of May 25th – finalists will be announced
June 27th – Audio airs (text will begin posting near this date)
June 27th – Voting starts
July 27th – Voting ends
August 22nd – Winners will be announced on the HorrorAddicts.net show.
Questions should be addressed to: email@example.com with the subject CONTEST QUESTION.