The writer’s workshop will be postponed until 2017 due to the Next Great Horror Writer Contest. Check out rules and registration here: https://horroraddicts.wordpress.com/the-next-great-horror-writer-contest/
Horror Addicts Writer’s Workshop Announcement!
OPENS: October 1st, 2017, 11:59pm PST
Deadline: December 31st, 2017, 11:59pm PST.
This is an opportunity for aspiring horror or like-genre writers to have their work critiqued by professional writers based on story structure, plot, style, and character development. One lucky writer will have their work produced for a HorrorAddicts.net show for Season 13 in 2018.
1) This workshop is free
2) You must state you if you are under 18 at the time of submission. We will not accept stories from children younger than 15.
3) By submitting to the workshop, you are stating this work is yours and yours alone and that you may submit it legally without publication ties. The work cannot be previously published in any form.
4) Stories must be Gothic, Horror, Steampunk, Clockpunk, Fetish, Dark Fantasy, Horror Romance, or have a horror element of some kind.
5) All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com no later than December 31st, 2017, 11:59pm PST.
6) Submissions can be excerpts from a novel, up to 4,000 words, or can be a complete short story, no more than 4,000 words. Excerpts from a novel, can be any part of the novel, but a short (100 word) synopsis should accompany it.
7) Manuscripts must be presented in the following format:
a) Font size 10 or 12 point
b) Font style Courier or Times New Roman
c) Double spaced
d) 1st page header to state: author name, email address, type of story, and word count.
e) Following pages header to state: author name, story name, and page number.
f) Your manuscript must be in either DOC or RTF Format.
g) No more than 4,000 words.
h) In the body of the email, give us 100 words or less about you – a bio.
i) In the subject of the email state: HA WRITER’S WORKSHOP
8) We will review the first 20 manuscripts absolutely, after that, it is based on the number of pros available. Manuscripts are first come, first serve. If you do not receive an email stating your manuscript was received within two weeks, please send a polite query to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9) For any other questions, please leave a comment here or email: email@example.com