Abi Kirk-Thomas lives in the UK and studied as a theoretical archaeologist in Wales. She lives with her husband and 2-year old chocolate Lab called Adam. She’s currently studying massage therapy. She loves reading horror and dabbles from time to time in poetry.
1) How old were you when you first discovered horror?
I was 18 when I discovered horror.
2) Who is your favorite author? Who has influenced you?
Andy McDermott is my favourite author, he’s more sci-fi/action but I’ve always had some action in my horror stories to keep up the pace.
3) What inspired you to write your piece?
I hardly write poems but I always thought that if there was a zombie apocalypse and there was a vampire left in the world what would happen to them. It was pure chance I came up with the poem, I wanted to mix in comedy with romance and sadness.
4) How much control do you exert over your characters?
All my characters have free will, but I do find if I’m writing something that is shocking for readers, I do cackle like a witch.
5) What did you learn from participating in the contest?
I learned that, sadly, writing isn’t for me. It’s a hobby but it’s fun. I would not participate in any further contests.
6) Would you do it again? What would you do differently?
I do write but it’s only for fun. I would not participate in the contest. I found I like free reign on what I write. Contests take the fun out of writing what you want.
7) What is your favorite horror novel?
The Woman in Black by Susan Hill.
8.) Favorite horror movie?
9) Favorite horror television show?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer but it wasn’t scary.
10) What does the future hold for you? What do we have to look forward to?
As I’m not writing, I’m starting up my massage business. But, I wish all those the best of luck publishing their works.