100th Episode! HorrorAddicts.net Top 100 of Horror grasp logic, phantoms, twilight zone the movie, the annotated dracula
joshua heinrich, spekr freks, office angst, night’s knights, ed pope, band poll, phantoms, dean koontz, twilight zone movie, bram stoker’s menu, the annotated dracula, flash fiction friday, tim reynolds, horrible disasters, end of the world radio, grasp logic, black bird manga, fashion, sun protection, someone wicked, zippered flesh, broken, crime seen, michael brentcollings, mass hysteria, laurel anne hill, baycon, horroraddicts.net meetup, philip carroll, artistic logic, events, dead mail, top 100 of horror
Top 100 of Horror
Top 10 Horror Movies – As voted on by HorrorAddicts.net listeners
1. The Exorcist
3. The Shining
6. Bram Stoker’s Dracula
7. Prince of Darkness
9. Night of the Living Dead (org)
10. Dracula, (Bela’s)
Top 10 Horror TV Series – presented by Kbatz
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. Dark Shadows
3. The Twilight Zone
4. Tales from the Darkside
5. The X-Files
6. Friday the 13th the Series
7. Tales from the Crypt
8. Night Gallery
9. Forever Knight
10. Elvira’s Movie Macabre (I’m cheating I don’t care!)
Humorous Honorable Mentions:
The Addams Family
Top 10 Horror Manga- presented by Emz
1. Death Note
2. Black Butler
4. Rozen Maiden
5. Tarot Cafe’
6. Black Bird
7. Vampire Knight
8. Rosario + Vampire
9. Haunted House
10. Murder Princess
Top 10 Horror Books reviewed by HorrorAddicts.net – presented by David
10. Childhood Nightmares Under The Bed from Sirens Call publications. It’s rare that I read an anthology where I liked every story in it but I did for this one.
9.The Nightmare Project by Jo-Anne Russell. This one takes place mostly in an insane asylum which to me makes it terrifying and the main character is excellent the way she goes back and forth from crazy to being a sweet mother who wants to see her kids again.
8. NightWhere by John Everson. This is one bizarre romance that will leave you feeling sick to your stomach.
7. My Fearful Symmetry by Denise Verrico This is a different take on vampires that I really enjoyed.
6. The Weeping Woman by Patricia Santos Marcantonio Good Mexican ghost legend combined with a modern day police thriller.
5. The Last Adventure of Dr. Yngve Hogalum by D L Mackenzie. First steampunk tale I’ve read with a lot of humor. Fun read.
4. Vaudeville by Greg Chapman. I like the concept of traveling side shows so I loved this one.
3.Underwood and Flinch Chronicles volume 1 and 2 by Mike Bennett. Excellent vampire story that I couldn’t put down. Its books like this that make me love reading.
2. Ivory by Steve Merrifield. I loved this one I wasn’t sure where it was going until the end, Really good original idea for a book.
1. Charla by Alex Beresford Its been seven months since I’ve read this book, even if you take the Demon out of the story it still works as a great horror novel.
Top 10 HorrorAddicts.net Interviews – presented by Sapphire (see full blog post)
10. Kimberly Steele
9. Shaunessy Ashdown
8. Patricia Santos
7. Crystal Connor
6. Rick Kitagawa
5. Jennifer Rahn
4. Joshua Heinrich
3. Shana Abé
2. Wicked Women Writers/Masters of Macabre
1. Emerian Rich
Top 10 Horror Stories on HorrorAddicts.net – presented by David
This list proves that Emerian doesn’t like me. It’s almost impossible to go through all of the episodes of horror addicts and pick out a top 10. I’m sure I left out plenty that I liked but this is what I came up with:
10.Season 1 episode 3. The Show by Kirk Warrington. I like werewolves and I liked the concept behind this story.
9.Season 2 episode 13. Santa Claws by Michele Rogers Good Christmas tale, lots of fun
8. Season 4 episode 33. Wings of Revenge by Laurel Anne Hill. Well told story and I like the bats in it.
7. Season 3 episode 28 The Butterfly Collector by Kimberly Steele. I liked this one and that’s all I’m saying. This one got me in trouble because I was listening to it at work. Listen to it you’ll see what I mean.
6. Season 2 episode 15 Night Crossing by Mike Bennett. I liked the book this is from so much I just can’t keep it off the list.
5. Season 5 episode episode 54 Hammersmith House I like the premise, I like the use of a historic event and I like stories told in diary entries.
4.Season 7 episode 72 Mark Vale Inkubus. Great voice and great production values
3.Season 7 episode 83 Shaunessy Ashdown Commencing Slaughter. Great audio production, good story that may keep you from ever eating meat again.
2.Ronda Carpenter WWW entry season 5 Lust: Barring Lilith. Great story with lots of sex and violence what more can you ask for.
1. Season 1 Episode 6 Hunt Night by Mark Eller. Before I was on staff this was the episode that made me think of the horror addicts podcast as my favorite. Good story about demons.
Top 10 Fashion Must-Haves for Horror Addicts – presented by Mimielle
1. A GOOD Black Eyeliner for everyone! Yes Guyliner is bigger than ever! (Gel crayons double as lip liner, I’m a fan…)
2. SUNSCREEN. Even if you don’t maintain a gothic pallor, protecting your skin keeps it more beautiful.
3. A pair of staples are A) A good hair product to tame or fluff your hair and define your style and B) A BB or CC cream, with skin benefits and good coverage. For guys who don’t use makeup, a colorless but mattifying foundation primer is undetectable on the skin but has skin benefits and works some pore-vanishing magic!
4. A staple black bottom piece. Black skirt, jeans, leggings, bondage pants, cargo pants/shorts. It’s the most versatile thing in your wardrobe and the easiest to change as a seasonal trend piece!
5. Favorite fandom t-shirt(s). Whether it’s a band shirt, vintage horror movie tie-in or blackletter gym, club or coffee shop shirt, REPRESENT your alternative interests by displaying them once in a while. Extra points if it’s somehow distressed, laced or bleach-‘dyed’. Get creative!
6. A black or white button-down shirt. You can wear it so many ways! Over T’s and tanks, under vests and sweaters, tucked or untucked. I use a men’s pleated tuxedo shirt that I stole from my swain.
7. One or two unusual pieces or trademark ‘you’ looks. For example a couple of mine are ‘all white and pale with intense lips and eyes’ and ‘all black but frilly and with heavy makeup’ and I build most of my wardrobe around these kinds of looks.
8. A go-to ‘uniform’. A set of clothes and a practiced makeup look that you can throw together in very minimal time and always look fab. Mine is a black TrippNYC dress, blow drying my hair straight and a winged black liner/red lip look. Out the door in 20 (shh, don’t tell!)!
9. A great pair of boots or shoes. Docs, Demonia Buckle Boots, your trusty Converse Chucks. Keep them polished/neat even if your look is more deconstructed/grunge.
10. A fierce attitude! Confidence is ultimately the key to pulling off any look!
Top 10 Horror Music – presented by HorrorAddicts.net Staff
1. Type O Negative
2. Midnight Syndicate
3. Saints of Ruin
5. Nine Inch Nails
6. My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
7. The Damned
9. Mission UK
Top 10 Horror Soundtracks – presented by HorrorAddicts.net Staff
2. Lost Boys
4. Interview with the Vampire
5. Sweeny Todd
7. Nightmare Before Christmas
8. The Crow
10. Queen of the Damned
Top 10 Episode Memories – presented by Emz (find out why by listening to the show!)
1. Season 1 Ep 8- Arlene’s Forever, we were trying to record in the Hell Hole Tavern cemetery in Second Life and Arlene kept getting her hair caught on the cemetery fence and walking around bald.
2. Season 2 Ep 15- Mike Bennett’s introduction on our show of Night Crossing, which was the intro to Underwood and Flinch.
3. Season 3 Ep 31- The first ever Wicked Women Writer’s Challenge
4. Season 4 Ep 37 – Rhonda’s Sea Serpent rising out of the water to kill us all!
5. Season 5 Ep 51 & 52 – Jez and Fang fight in GothHaus. Eyeliner Vs. Top Hat.
6. Season 6 Ep71 – Really a treat for me to interview Patterson Lundquist, the #1 Elvira Impersonator. Not only was it an honor, but we had a lot of fun chatting.
7. Season 7 Ep 84 – Interviewing one of my favorite authors, Andrew Neiderman. I wouldn’t say it was the fun-est because I was nervous as hell, but to be able to talk to an author that has changed your life is an experience I won’t forget.
8. Season 8 No Episode… I got to interview Mike Bennett live via Skype at BayCon and it was so awesome. The audio messed up and I was unable to share it with you, but those of us that were there was so thrilled. Def. something we’ll never forget. If you think Mike Bennett is cool on his podcasts, he is even more awesome live!
9. Season 1 -Horror Con in Second Life. Was so much fun. We had free reign because Mark Eller was the host and he let me do whatever I wanted. We had poetry readings in the cemetery, he killed me in the tavern and then we had a fashion show by hanging for Mimielle’s fashion label in SL where I walked the cat walk, got hung, and then dropped down to make my final lap. Was so much fun!
10. I will never forget my very first show. I was fresh off my first ever podcast called Office Angst, I wanted to do something to do with Horror and I had no idea if this show would fly or even if it would go past that first episode. Sad is I think I’ve lost it… It was deleted from the site and I can not find it in my archive… so it might be lost forever!
Grasp Logic began (an alternative/industrial- electronic project created by electronic artist Mi-kel Munzter) in 2009. Grasp Logic’s abrasive tones and distorted impacts revolve around a dark obscure atmosphere. Visually caliginous, various influences include: Horror, Sci-fi, Metal, Dark Wave, Ambient, Cinematic, Noise, and various forms of electronic music. Garrett, Mi-kel Munster started out doing scream vocals for a metal project in high school in Washington State. Eventually, he wanted to branch out into something different, yet still keep his metal influences. He has an avid love for horror films and some of his favorites are: Dementia 13, The Mad Monster, Attack Of The Giant Leeches, Halloween, Bruiser, Army Of Darkness, Dead Alive, and Bucket Of Blood (to name a few). In high school he spent a lot of time watching horror films, reading comics and working on music inspired by those interest, which eventually lead to starting Grasp Logic. So far music releases have include an experimental EP entitled “Poetry In Machine” realeased in 2011 and since then, Grasp Logic has been releasing singles working toward another release. At live shows, Grasp Logic features artist, Robert Bauder. Robert’s gripping artwork has been on exhibit at art shows all over the country.